Friday, January 11, 2013

Compassion Adventure #3 (Central/South America 2013): Intro

Over the next three weeks, I will be doing probably the craziest thing I have done in my life, especially for someone who spoeaks and understands very little espanol. I will be journeying through seven different countries in....The Americas (I couldn't be bothered repeating the post title). The purpose of this trip is to visit 14 of the children I sponsor through Compassion International. The countries are: Mexico (3 kids), Guatemala (3), El Salvador (2), Nicaragua (3), Ecuador (1), Haiti (1) and Dominican Republic (1).

I got back from an incredible trip to Brazil in October, and in a rush of blood, organised this trip straight away, reasoning that I had the health and the funds (and I still have both of those). I also wasn't going to plan my next trip nine months ahead, like I did with Brazil. At no stage have I regretted it, but I have spent some time wondering "what the heck were you thinking?"

I will be way out of my comfort zone and relying completely on God. I know something of what to expect - there will be heartache, despair, joy and hope in equal measures. Some of the kids I will be visiting have shared about sicknesses and addictions within their families. I am hoping that my visit to these families will assure them and confirm to them God's immeasurable love for them, and we will see healings and salvation in many lives because of His grace and mercy. I know beyond doubt that Compassion is God's business, and I am humbled that He is using me in this way.

Thanks for the prayers that have been thrown up, I know God is honouring them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment