Monday, February 22, 2016

Compassion Letter Writing #4: Dreams For The Future and Funny Stuff

One of the incredible things about Compassion sponsorship is that it enables kids to dream for their future, and equips them with skills and opportunities to achieve that dream. It is nothing short of miraculous. These kids are growing up in abject poverty. I have walked the streets of many developing countries and literally tasted the pervasive hopelessness and despair. Yet because of the love of God, the church and Compassion, they have an opportunity to dream.

Here are some of the dreams of my sponsored kids over the last few years.

When I grow up I want to become a teacher like you
.

When I get older, my dream is to become a teacher like you. I want to help my family and my younger siblings.

She says she’d like to be a doctor in the future, to help sick people.

When I grow up I would like to be successful and I dream to be a nurse. I worry that my family doesn’t have the finances to be able to pay for my studies to be a nurse. It is a dream to me.

According to C, her dream in life is to become a teacher so that she can impart the knowledge that she learned to the children also.

When I grow up, my dream is to become a successful teacher.

In the future, after L graduates from Senior High School, she wants to be a nurse.

When I grow up I want to be a nurse.

I want to tell you about my dreams. When I grow up I want to be a technician in clinic laboratory and I also would like to be a hair stylist and I would like to go to Australia and the United States.

I want to tell you about some of the dreams I have in my life. I would like to finish my studies and being a professional woman to earn money and help my family by buying a very big and nice house. Also, I would like to sponsor children as you do.

Someday I would like to help my family by building for them a good house and buying for them good clothes.

Someday I would like to be like my sponsor so that I will help the needy.

When I am older I want to help needy people.

When my son grows up he wants to be in the military. He wants to help us even in a simple way.

If I could go anywhere in the world I want to go there in Australia with you and experience a real snow in winter season.

Here in our school we do not have camps like yours in Dunkeld. Only private schools can afford these activities, but since I am in a public school I’ll never experience that. And I wish someday I’ll experience that.

When I am older I will be a doctor

I want to be a soldier.

Funny Stuff
As the relationships with my sponsored kids have developed, many of them have become more comfortable and have come out with some stuff which I have found honest and often random and funny (I'm sure unintentionally on their part).

I am okay at school with good grades, but I have to stop talking.

I thank God that He placed you in my life. Thank you for the affection that you have for me and you can be assured that I also like you!!!

I am very happy to be writing you again. Believe me Sponsor, I am very happy.

I hope a lot of people thank you because you are a good sponsor.

I like helping my dad take care of his poultry. Do you practise breeding?

I don’t have any female friends, they don’t know how to play soccer.

I participated in contest of chant at Project without intention, because I hate to sing. I would rather play soccer.

Thank you very much for the photos. You look nice. I like flowers. Your flowers are nice!

K asks you whether cats go to heaven when they die.

Thanks for the letters. I would like to hear how Australia is. Are there kangaroos as I watch in the movies?

Would you like to be a pastor later? May God grant you strength!

Wife Watchers

My relationship status has often come
under scrutiny, since all my sponsored kids are from countries where people get married and have a family at a very young age, and if you don't....Nah, I really do appreciate their concern.


I hope that one day you will finally meet the woman meant for you.

I hope that you will find someone who will take good care of you and love you so much. I know God will send her to you, because a good man like you deserves to be happy.

P says he is praying for you to get good wife from God.

I can pray for you and maybe God has a special woman for you to be your wife. I hope that she loves God’s kingdom.

Kids With Kindness (Insert Blushing Here)

Thanks for loving J. She is very glad to have your affection. She wants to thank you for the nice pictures you sent. J says you are very good-looking boy. She wants to know, what did you see in her that made you want to sponsor her? She is very small, but has a big heart and wants you to know she loves you.

J wishes that God blesses you abundantly. You are photogenic. She says goodbye with love and kisses.

I am very happy and I am happy to be able to see you in your photo. You are very cute with your beloved. I love you very much.

I love you very much. You are the handsomest guy in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment