Monday, February 22, 2016

Compassion Letter Writing #9: Faith-Filled Friends

Compassion International is an unashamedly Christian organization. There is no compromise on this. They work through local churches in 26 countries and if they took the word "Jesus" out of their tagline they would be eligible for millions of dollars of government funding. But that is unthinkable, because Jesus is what Compassion is all about.

The children and families who are supported by Compassion are not forced to convert or believe in Christianity to receive the support. However, many churches have reported growth as a result of their involvement with Compassion because when the love of God is expressed freely through providing children with food, medical care, education support and the help of a loving sponsor, people are bound to ask questions. "Why are you doing this for me and my child?"

Not all of my sponsored kids have been Christian. That is ultimately their choice, and I have made that clear to them. However, the incredible faith often expressed through their letters has continually been a source of wonder for me, and has challenged me. After all, I have seen where many of them live and what their life is like.

Here are some highlights from my "Faith-Filled Friends":


I thank God for the power and knowledge. I think nothing will separate us from the love of God which is in Jesus Christ.

When we go to our project they preach us the word of God and I put it into my mind. The word of God built me from young up to twelve years. I thank God for that.

Christmas is very near and we thank God that even if we didn’t have money to celebrate, God gave  us good health. I am also thankful to God for giving me the opportunity to join MCDC because it is our only hope for me to finish my education and in God’s grace there’s a big improvement in my grades this second grading period.

There is nothing in my life that I am worried about because I always believe that God will provide everything for me and will shower His blessings to my family.

I know the Lord will heal my dad very soon and that is why I ask you to pray for him a lot.

My dad has been sick but I know God will help us.

I want you to know that God will always be with you and He will never leave you alone, He is the one who gives us strength to you and to all your family!

I always pray for God to heal your knee completely. God is a supernatural God. Do you believe it? God is the one who strengths us. Do you believe God can heal you? If you do, I will send that word in the Jesus of Nazareth’s name.

In my free time I read a book or the Bible because sometimes I get scared. It’s like living as you read it. I like to read inspirational thoughts and I like visiting home. I wrote something: “Dreams come true asking God for wisdom because to Him, nothing is impossible; we have to open our heart and ask with faith.” This pushes me to go on when I am in trouble my family or in my life.

There is nothing that worries me. I am always trusting God every time

God is everything to us. I have a hero, and it is our God because He takes care of us and loves us. He is our best friend.

They also tell us Bible stories, that’s why I have learned about Christian characters like Jonah, Moses and Joseph. All of them have taught me that we must be obedient and humble, and we have to dream and trust that Jesus will fulfil her dreams. My tutor says that I have to share with my family and school classmates about the things I learn from Jesus, because that pleases God.

I want to tell you that right now there is nothing for me to worry about

My tutor says that God is my heavenly Father and He is almighty, great in love and no one can compare to Him. The time I’ve been part of the project, I learned that Jesus is faithful and loving, and He is a friend who answers and is always with us.

The hero I look up to in life is God because He helps me in difficult times and is with me in happy times.

Your prayer? We feel it. Because I can’t imagine lots of problems I’d already encountered, but thanks God we easily find a way to solve it, in spite of poverty. That’s why I can say prayer is so powerful. He is there whenever we call him, to answer and protect us, thanks be to God.

I want you to know about my Christian learning. I have learned things that have helped me to have a better lifestyle and to have a little bit more of experience and that also teaches me to valuate other people’s life and my family because I’ve taken what Pastor’s and Bible say. The God’s word is sacred and is an incomparable book filled with real Bible stories.

God is everything to us. I have a hero, and it is our God because He takes care of us and loves us. He is our best friend

According to the Bible in Proverbs 9:10 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom”, so for me as a mother of John Dave just always trust in the Lord, because everything comes from him, our knowledge and wisdom.

I always go to church and I never forget to trust in the Lord because I love Him so much. I always go to church and have my sins forgiven and learn Bible verses and listen to the Word of God. I learn a lot about Him. I love God all my life.


For your prayer support to me in living my life, for spare your time and energy to help and teach the children here even though we are apart. It’s not because of your own strength, but it’s because of the Lord’s might. Everything we do, it’s all for the Lord God, as the Bible told me so. He creates everything in this world so we can raise up praise and glory to His name. You spend your time with God, it’s more than to this world. 

Formerly L thought that she couldn’t study at school, but now God has given the way so that she now can attend the school. Formerly L has never taken a bath and wiping her nasal mucus, but now she is studying at school so that her health has changed to good. It’s all because of the Lord. L gives thanks to the Lord. 

Right now I am in good health. That’s all because of the Lord who always guides me so I am still alive and be able to go to school with my friends. I go to school every day with my friends and also with Lord Jesus who leads us. I am thankful to the Lord who has power. Because of the Lord so I can be close with sponsor and handsome brothers and beautiful sisters in Compassion.


There is always opportunity for us to talk through letter. This is great and only from Lord Jesus. He makes L and you able to take communication. She’s very happy when she knows that you receive her in your family. Hopefully Lord Jesus continues to give His abundant blessing in your live. L wants to say thanks a lot because you continue to give her attention although you have 45 sponsored children.

My mother, father and I are well at home and wherever we are, because God always be with us all so we are so grateful to our Almighty God.

No comments:

Post a Comment